This February, we are all about incorporating ways to show yourself self-love. We thought, what better way to be kind to yourself than fuel with incredible benefits? For years, Phylise has been making her secret Gorgeous Granola, and finally she is sharing it with you! She swears by starting her day with a cup of fruit, greek yogurt, and this granola as an delicious, nutrient-rich way to start her day! Follow the recipe below for the gorgeous effect:
- 2 CUP OF GLUTEN-FREE OR REGULAR ORGANIC ROLLED OATS (PREFERRED BRAND: BOB'S RED MILL)
- 1 CUP OF WHOLE GOLDEN FLAX SEEDS (MEASURE AFTER YOU GRIND THEM UP) (PREFERRED BRAND: BOB'S RED MILL)
- GORGEOUS NOTE: WHOLE FLAX SEEDS ARE MORE POTENT IN VITAMINS
- ¼ CUP OF FILTERED BOILING WATER
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF HAZELNUT OIL OR WALNUT OIL
- ½ CUP OF POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER (PREFERRED BRAND: PB2...THE BEST)
- ¾ CUP OF SLICED OR WHOLE RAW ORGANIC ALMONDS
- ¼ CUP OF SUGAR-FREE MAPLE SYRUP OR REGULAR IF YOU PREFER
- ¼ CUP OF HONEY
- ½ CUP OF TRUVIA BROWN SUGAR
- PRE-HEAT THE OVEN 350 DEGREES.
- SPRAY A COOKIE SHEET WITH NON-STICK SPRAY.
- YOU NEED A LARGE BOWL TO MIX ALL THE INGREDIENTS.
- IF YOU DECIDE TO USE WHOLE FLAX SEEDS, YOU WILL NEED TO GROUND THE FLAX SEEDS IN A COFFEE GRINDER, EX. KRUPS. IF YOU HAVE GROUND FLAX SEEDS, YOU CAN GO TO THE NEXT STEP.
- START WITH PUTTING ALL THE DRY INGREDIENTS INTO THE BIG BOWL, ROLLED OATS, GROUND FLAX SEEDS, POWERED PEANUT BUTTER, ALMONDS, AND BROWN SUGAR.
- MIX ALL THE WET INGREDIENTS IN A SMALLER BOWL, THE BOILED WATER, OIL, MAPLE SYRUP, AND HONEY.
- ADD THE INGREDIENTS FROM THE SMALLER BOWL INTO THE BIGGER BOWL.
- MIX AND NEED WELL (I LIKE TO USE BAKING FRIENDLY GLOVES FOR EASY CLEAN UP)
- ONCE FINISHED CRUMBLE EVERYTHING ON TO THE LARGE COOKIE SHEET.
- BAKE FOR 45 MINUTES DEPENDING ON HOW BROWN AND CRISPY YOU LIKE IT.
- BE SURE TO TURN THE GRANOLA OVER 2 TIMES SO IT BROWNS ON BOTH SIDES.
This recipe is so special to me because it holds it's nutritional value, while also being so delicious and easy to do! We recommend putting it on yogurt with berries, as well as baked apples, cereal, and even toppings for desserts!
Try this Gorgeous Granola today and tag us in your pictures when you make it!